“Accurate Channel Optimisation is vital to the overall growth & success of a hotel”.
Zara Resort is a luxury hotel Located in Khandala, on Mumbai-Pune Old Highway. The Resort offers conference venues and facilities, lawns, restaurant, entertainment facilities, swimming pool and the biggest kids pool in Khandala and Lonavala, making it a complete family resort.
Some of the Challenges Faced by the Hotel were:
- 1. Offline Travel Agents were preferred more than Online Channel Optimisation in hte form of Online Travel Agents (OTAs), resulting in rooms sold at a fixed contracted rates. Dynamic pricing was never introduced.
- 2. The hotel was filled with groups and conferences on high yielding days and weekends. Analysis and optimisation of unconstrained demand was a major challenge.
- 3. Valley dates were created vey often and sometimes in the middle of a long weekend, which resulted in the hotel missing out on the opportunity to optimise demand.
- 4. Length of Stay was a challenge due to the aforementioned valley dates.
- 5. Even though the property was 30 years old, it still faced the challenge of positioning.
Upon identifying the key challenges Faced by the Client, the Revnomix Team implemented the following strategies:
- 1. The hotel was introduced to online booking channels with better optimisation.
- 2. Length of Stay was improved and valley dates were avoided with the help of Dynamic Pricing and Length of Stay restrictions.
- 3. With the help of daily data analysis, demand forecasting and lots of data crunching, we were able to optimise the unconstrained demand in the market.
- 4. The fixed contracted rate business was restricted to low yielding dates and dynamic pricing was promoted for high demand dates.
The repositioning and strategic pricing processes implemented for Zara Resort led to improved visibility on OTAs, which in turn led to a steady growth in Average Daily Revenue (ADR) and Length of Stay (LOS). The concentrated efforts of the resort and our team led to improved booking pace.